Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Papa Jack....

...passed away 4 years ago today after battling lung and throat cancer. He ended up getting pnuemonia and he couldn't fight it.


When I was 2 years old, his son married my mom. They only stayed married for 8 years, but he stayed my papa jack. The man was one of my hero's. If there were problems with the school I went to, he would be right there if he was able too.

I remember when I was little, we would go to the bread shop down the road and get a big bag of powdered doughnuts. He would also make chocolate pudding on the store and I loved it. I used to torture myself by having him make me chocolate milk, so I could drink it and then I'd feel sick to my stomach because I can't drink milk with lactose in it. Papa Jack was one of those that you didn't mess with the babies (his grandkids).

I remember I had called them when I was pregenant and that's when I found out he had lung cancer. I had thought my world came crashing down then. But only a month later on January 10, 2006 did it finally crash down. I called Granny Melba Jo to see how he was doing and she said he had passed away. I always thought he would always be there when I needed him and now my baby wasn't going to get to do all the things I got to do with him. It was a very sad day for everyone who knew him.

Here is the only picture I have of him...

McKynzi's World

No comments:

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker