Monday, November 17, 2008

Blog Party....Day 4

Ok...day 4 is finally here!!! What is your favorite Holiday recipe?
Sponsors: Day Four Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Bottlewise and Glow Mama
I would have to say my favorite holiday recipe would have to be
my Grandma's home made fruit cake. The one year she actually made it, I loved it!!! A lot of ya'll are probably sayin ewww fruit cake, but omg it was SOOO good! My mom always told me about when Granny would make it when they were growing up and they had to wait to eat it because it had to sit in the fridge for however long. I finally got to try it and I think it was worth having to wait to eat it.
Describe your holiday table
Well our table is always covered in food, big family=lots of food! We usually have foods of all kinds during the holidays. Also, since we have so much food, people usually take home a lot when they leave!
Biggest holiday disaster
There was the one Thanksgiving we almost had a disaster....when we were putting the turkey in the bag to cook, it went straight through the bag into the floor. THANK GOD it wasn't cooked, so we washed it and finally got it into the bag! CLOSE CALL that year!

2 comments:

Tena said...

so much talk about grandma's today makes me miss mine!
Sounds like you have a wonderful holiday!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Yep. First time I heard of someone loving fruit cake. I guess I shouldn't knock it until I've tried it - LOL!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker